Tuesday, January 17, 2006

walking my own shadow

What do you do
when home isn't home anymore
it's my home
but I don't feel at home

it's the same house
with the same stuff
but I don't feel
the same thing

the love is gone
my heart is in another place
it's with my baby
and she isn't here

I will be home with her
but I can't be Yet
It tears me apart
when our ways
separated at the airport
cuz you were going home

I was suppose to go home too
to a home where I don't feel at home
to a country where I don't want to be
to a city where no one is waiting for me
and a house where nobody cared

Now I am here
but I am not home
lots of people had said
you have an American soul
I guess they were right

I feel home there
my soul is at ease there
my heart is at peace there
my face smiles there
and my eyes twinkle there

here I walk my own shadow
what do you do
when home isn't home anymore?

© AngelZpublishing 2005