Thursday, January 19, 2006

a way to wake up

My body responds
and reaches out
for what is waking
me out of my very
deep sleep

my mind is trying
to wrap itself around
the sound that is
disturbing me
in this dark night

as I open one eye
which catches light
and closes itself in
an instant
I try to find
the clock
on the wall

One pm!!
while my germ sick
body responds on
that fact
my raspy morning
voice answers
the sweet angel voice
on the other side of the line

"goodmorning gorgeous"
oh baby I really don't feel
gorgeous today,
my nose looks like Rudolph
my voice sounds like
2 bottles of jack and 2 packs
of cigarettes
and my body is very aware
of every muscle in my body

"your still gorgeous" my angel says
to me that's true love
she sees me gorgeous
even I know I look Like
I've been run over by a truck
4 times

a good way to wake up.

© AngelZpublishing 2005