Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas in America

Christmas in America
I can hold you in my arms
not so far away from home
someone brought me back home.............

after a long wait
and a lot of tension, tears and fears
I threw my suitcases on the plane
and left cold and wet Holland
to come home to my warm
and peace full nest in the states

People waiting for me
with open arms, smiles and laughter
with hopes and dreams and love
oh my god so much love
with presents and wises
hugs and tender loving

as soon as I walked out
of the terminal at the airport
love came my way
I feel so loved here
I feel so good, so home
so appreciated and so welcome

I wished for snow
even that worked out
we left the airport
and it started to snow
hard and heavy
it was like the entire state
was welcoming me home

Christmas in America
I need you in my arms
finally home............
finally home.....