Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rain puts me in a mood.....

You know how rain can set you
in a mood?
It does for me, every time.
the flash the thunder, like
a warning for rain, comes
rolling in from the sea
hitting beach and then
the city I live in

then slowly it starts raining
just a few drops,
while thunder hits us again,
and rain pours down

bright skies and empty streets
soaked landscapes
and nothing but the sound
of rain and thunder
I love those really bad showers
in Minnesota
I hate them in Holland

they put me in a mood here,
of crawling in bed, under the blankets
close curtains and disappear in
the day

In Minnesota they
put me in a mood too
of running out in jeans and shirt only
run out into the fields
and let the rain come down on me
spread my arms like wings
and take the rain in
embrace it

Rain just puts me in a mood......

© AngelZpublishing 2006