Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Birthday wish

Thinking about life
when you get a year older
heading for the big 40
in a couple of years
make you think
about life

I am pretty happy
kinda lonely
kinda poor
but healthy
with a family
that truly
loves me

the distance is
killing tho
my wish for this
birthday is
being together
with my girl
and our son

I will send that
wish up to the stars
tomorrow
when I hit 37
when I blow out
my candles on the cake

shivering
cuz of missing
the warm hand
from my girl on
my back

It's there tho
I can feel it anyway
never thought
I would find
so much love
in my life as
I do the last two
years of it

the pure
true peaceful love
the feeling that
words aren't enough
to describe
the completeness of it
it's there I can feel it

I share it
and I receive
not complicated
pure but sure
not simple

My birthday wish
is that I can hold on
to that for the rest
of my life
and be with her
in the same house
the same place on
this earth

that's my birthday wish

cheers ahead of what will
become
cheers to me, and 37 years
may I become wisdom
and health, cuz love
and happiness
I've already received.

© AngelZpublishing 2006