Monday, August 21, 2006

Growing up, man it feels good!

Do I aspect too much?
Or is it my common reason
that I find
that parents should
check up on their kids
no matter how old?

5 days ago, I came home
from work with this cast
foot up to knee
in blue light weighted plaster
haven't seen my parents since

first they've told me
they would swing by
Friday (2 days after it happened)
then probably Saturday or Sunday
it's Sunday 8.15 pm here
I haven't seen them yet

so jealous, of people
with parents who are there
just 5 minutes after something
happened to them
parents who do the small things
and make you feel loved

like picking you up from
the airport after a vacation
or the flowers at the dinnertable
when you get home
Or who sit at your hospital bed
after surgery
I don't have any of that
never had, never will

Is it just me?
am I too needy for that
kind of love?
Is that what made me
so hard and though
till two years ago when
I met my Angel?

I never had the parents
who told me" i love you"
Or told me what a great job
I did, I have the parents
that still tell me
that If I try (tried) harder
it would be better
with better results

I told them tonight
that I am mad as hell
and disappointed.
I just called them up
and said it, spit it out.

they were in shock
and totally unexpected
but I told them, and hurt
them for a change
and I cried a river
till my chest hurt so bad

then I called my Angel
and told her my frustration
she calmed me down
and made me feel loved
and peacefully again

I guess this new age of mine
did something to me
and I am still changing
for the best
I am growing up
and man it feels good!

© AngelZpublishing 2006