Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Apple donuts and tornadoes

Tuesdaymorning 10:45 am CT, September 19, 2006 MN, USA

So much has happened since the last day I wrote, was that yesterday? I can't even remember that. Yesterday I had an Off day, today I am better. Last couple of days were fun tho, we went to this apple place, I call it an apple farm, but it seem to be an apple orchard so I better believe them. Lots of apples there, all kinds of fun stuff and yummy stuff. Saturday night the Vixen Football game, we lost again, but it was fun. On our way home a wind was coming in, and lightning I've never seen! It was like 1000 flashes in a row and more, and it kept coming! But no rain! Until we had to get gas, we stopped at the gasstation and as usual I went in to go to the restroom and our bug was looking for candy, so all set to get out of there, we looked outside, it was like the dam broke, water everywhere, it was raining so hard, so hard I've never seen anything like it. Thinking we saw the worst of it, we kept driving on the highway home. Then out of the blue, we hit a wall of water. It was like we ended up in the Mississippi river, we couldn't see anything, and I mean NOTHING. Not the road, no lining, no lights not even the windshield wipers. In the middle of the highway! We tried to pull over, but we felt that we were offroad somewhere and we didn't wanted to end up in the ditch. What seems to take an hour just took about 2 minutes in complete darkness to find an exit off the highway. We parked there and waited for it to get better. Those where two scary fricken minutes!! As soon as the rain was a little less we were back on the road, to get home as soon as possible. Then the rain stopped completely, and it got really scary quiet. Nothing just carlights and passing cars. My girl told me "that's not good" and she was right! We finally got home, turned on the news and what seemed?
we went through an F2 deadlyTornado!!!! A girl got killed when her house collapsed on top of her. 247 houses where damaged or totally blown over. Lots of damage everywhere in the path of the Tornado. And we drove straight through it!!! Guess we had some angels looking over us that night!

Be strong and happy, love peace and rock and roll