Friday, September 08, 2006

River backdoor

September 8th Otsego, Minnesota, USA 10.11 CT

Walking the daily walk today with our dog. And it's so nice in the morning out here! Basically the hour when doesn't really matter it's is so awesome out here period. But on our daily walk, that leads us straight to a wood of Pine trees, there is an opening between the trees, and you can see the Mississippi. That always makes me smile. We ( the dog and me) follow the narrow path down, while you can see the seasons change. Leaves are already letting go of their trees, squirrels are running everywhere and collecting pine- apples for winter, We walk down the narrow path, and you feel like you are in the middle of a big dark wood, when there you see the Mississippi river, the water bright and shiny calling you, that moment brings me so much peace. My mood is sensible course even the dog, stops and looks at me, I guess he can feel my inner peace at that moment. As we follow down the path, the river stops you in your, almost free fall down the hill, there it is.............

When we follow the path back up, my soul feels so much lighter, and my head so much clearer.
what's more awesome then having the river as your backdoor? To me, being here, with the love of my life, our son, and that awesome peaceful river at my backdoor, nothing else matters.
the world can fade, and I will be perfectly happy.

While now, sitting here, typing my blog, the dog peaceful laying on my feet, I can Re- call the peaceful feeling I had when we were standing there, at the riverbank, I feel like going there again.................c'mon Dakota, you want to go for a walk? c'mon boy.............