Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Waiting for a good day

I love winters,
hate cold, but love the snow.
Hate cold winds, but love it
when it's freezing cold.
dressed up to fight it
and walk into a warm
house with your cheeks
turning red.

Winter isn't really kicking
in yet, but it is on it's way!
Unlike other "summer babies"
like me, I am looking forward for
winter to kick in.
To wear my knitted caps,
and warm, snugly jackets again.

I am waiting for that good winter day.
When dry snow is falling from the sky.
Temperature is around freezing, and the
wind put her head to rest.
When you step out, and the crunching snow
below your feet is welcoming you out
to a whole new world.

where trees heavily breath
under the weight of snow,
and the peaceful silence is
breathing down on me.
Ducks trying to walk on ice,
to get to some food on shore.
And the funny sound of other ducks
laughing at one, ice-skating.

I am waiting for that good winters day.
If I am not going to get it here,
I know somehow I will get it when
I go back home, home to Minnesota.
Minnesota giving me a white Christmas.
And that peace full feeling of the perfect winters day.

I am waiting for a good day.