Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Books, Books? Books!!!!

I've read two really impressive
books while laying in bed sick
between my "trying to feel better" naps
I usually read, watching TV is
going to fast when I am sick
so reading a book is easier
I can fall asleep on it
and when I wake
the story is still there
where I left off

the first one I borrowed
from my colleague Mark
it's called " a lady steps into a doctors office"
it's in dutch and its about inflammatory breast cancer
written out of view from her cheating husband
it's a true story, at age 36 she dies........
but it's fascinating to read
what the ups and downs are
and how the doctor missed the
breast cancer the first time........

the second book,
I bought a while ago
planning on reading it on the plane
on my way home for Christmas
not planning on getting sick in the meanwhile
but oh well I find another one to read
for on the plane

the second one
is written by a lesbian writer
it's fiction based on truth
and really funny
and recognizable
it's about love between two girls
and how that can get ugly and go wrong
and about her dying mom
that she takes care of
the book is called "make me happy"

I still think it's funny
how other people when they get sick
stare at the TV for days
just so they don't have to think
and how I never really read
with exception when I am on a plane
and I pick up a book
breath deep and read...................
fall asleep, and read some more........