Sunday, July 30, 2006

I am not in bed alone tonight........

A lot of people
don't like it
when they've
animal company
in the bedroom
or on the bed even

it comforts me
like tonight
when I feel
lonely again

my littlest
black kitty
is snuggling up
next to me
and when I
reach out my
hand

her little sounds
of enjoyment
are loud and
filling
grateful for my
touch

rolling on her
back
with four paws
raised up in
the air
practical begging
me to pet her
and rub her tummy

to all these purring
sounds the boys
respond too
and come check out
where all the good
sounds are coming from

the boys end up
on the footend
of the bed
on the special
blanky I have for
them there

I don't like the
hair in my bed either
but I sure
appreciate
the company

I am not in bed alone tonight....

© AngelZpublishing 2006