Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The man with the hammer

It's been a while
lots has happened at
the same time
nothing has really changed

had an exotic lasagna (write about that later)
A party at work,
An awesome blog my girl wrote
and the man with the hammer
he hit me today

He has been banging
inside my head
for a couple of weeks now
but today
he walked up to me
at work

stopped behind me
and without me seeing
him coming
he slammed his hammer
in the back of my head
and left it there

I had to go home
one of the good ones
drove me home by car
thank god for good people
I told her and all she said
"If you do good you get good
you're one of the sweet ones yourself
so I am happy I can do this for you
even tho you don't feel good I am sorry
for that" all I could think was
good people, good people

while I was feeling
that cold steal hammer
in the back of my head
taking out my eye vision
and somehow controlling
my stomach

I stumbled up the stairs
fell down on the bed
and fell asleep
as soon as I hit the bed
totally out cold

about two hours later
I could see again
in the dark, no light
please no light
my hand reaching
for the back of my head
slowly coming back to my senses
realizing that the hammer is still there........

© AngelZpublishing 2006