Thursday, July 20, 2006

A summer buzz

As the countdown
of going home
is going
slowly but surely

the talks about
where I go
become more and more
and people want
to know what
it's like

when I describe
the area I go home to
the summer buzz
is playing my
stomach

it's like having
the butterfly feeling
but different
when I close my
eyes and see

the place that
I really call home
I can feel my
eyes light up
knowing my girl
is there

but also the peace
the closeness to nature
knowing the
Mississippi is
always going to be
there

the wideness
the silence
when you stand
outside at night
looking at that huge
moon
or watching stars

I can dream
about that while
telling other people
trying to put a
picture in their head

knowing I will be
home in 38 days
gives me the
summer buzzzzzzzzz

© AngelZpublishing 2006